Have you ever felt drowsy whilst studying? Found it difficult to focus on what your doing? Both could lead to making simple mistakes and not producing work at your best. Well, here are 8 productivity tips that could make a huge difference to how you manage your workload whilst at university.
- Get a good night’s sleep – It’s recommended to have at least 7-9 hours of sleep a night. If you sleep fewer hours than this or have a disruptive nights sleep, then chances are you will be tired in the morning. This also means keeping distractions away from you whilst you sleep, such as turning your phone off or putting it on silent.
- Find a dedicated workspace – Whether it be the library, cafe, or in your room. Find a place where you can be most comfortable to work. People can function best in different ways, so find a place that suits you. Give yourself plenty of space and feel comfortable.
- Remove possible distractions – Your place of work should be free from noise and possible distractions. Keep the TV off and phone on silent or even better switched off.
- Play relaxing music – Have music on low, whether it be in the background whilst in your room, or on headphones whilst your are out.
- Study at a time that suits you – Some people work better at different times of the day. You might be more focused in the evening as oppose to morning, and if so, this could boost productivity and your chances of getting more work done.
- Start working early – Don’t leave work until the last minute. Start early and get a routine going so you aren’t worrying about the workload you still have to complete. Dedicate time in your day to getting a particular task complete.
- Take a break – Don’t spend hours without having a break. Take a short walk to the park, or do something to take your mind off of the work. This may allow you to come back with a fresher mindset later.
- Eat & drink healthy – Have a healthy diet. Don’t binge on food that may leave you feeling unwell later. Eating 5 fruits a day could make a noticeable difference. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
Hopefully these tips can help you to boost productivity in your work and help with concentration. Good luck!