Have you ever felt drowsy whilst studying? Found it difficult to focus on what your doing? Both could lead to making simple mistakes and not producing work at your best. Well, here are 8 productivity tips that could make a huge difference to how you manage your workload whilst at university.
- Get a good night’s sleep – It’s recommended to have at least 7-9 hours of sleep a night. If you sleep fewer hours than this or have a disruptive nights sleep, then chances are you will be tired in the morning. This also means keeping distractions away from you whilst you sleep, such as turning your phone off or putting it on silent.
- Find a dedicated workspace – Whether it be the library, cafe, or in your room. Find a place where you can be most comfortable to work. People can function best in different ways, so find a place that suits you. Give yourself plenty of space and feel comfortable.
- Remove possible distractions – Your place of work should be free from noise and possible distractions. Keep the TV off and phone on silent or even better switched off.
- Play relaxing music – Have music on low, whether it be in the background whilst in your room, or on headphones whilst your are out.
- Study at a time that suits you – Some people work better at different times of the day. You might be more focused in the evening as oppose to morning, and if so, this could boost productivity and your chances of getting more work done.
- Start working early – Don’t leave work until the last minute. Start early and get a routine going so you aren’t worrying about the workload you still have to complete. Dedicate time in your day to getting a particular task complete.
- Take a break – Don’t spend hours without having a break. Take a short walk to the park, or do something to take your mind off of the work. This may allow you to come back with a fresher mindset later.
- Eat & drink healthy – Have a healthy diet. Don’t binge on food that may leave you feeling unwell later. Eating 5 fruits a day could make a noticeable difference. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
Hopefully these tips can help you to boost productivity in your work and help with concentration. Good luck!
Find student accommodation
Where do you want to go?
Millstone is a brilliant place to live, Ive just book for my 3rd year. The staff are kind and caring. I have love living at Millstone as it has given me independence and a bigger family.
Excelente ubicacion, atencion y servicio. Muy cuidado todo, las recepcionistas siempre ayudando y dando atencion. Lo recomiendo.
For a very spacious space with great amenities, the price is very mucb affordable. Good views and great support staff to help out at anytime of the day.
Living at The Junxion has been a very homely experience for me, as from moving in on my first year of university I was a little nervous about living on my own so far away from my home in Liverpool; but that all change once I moved into my new room, as the buildings interior design gives off such a relaxing vibe that will allow you to study in peace. Although the staff in the building where so very comforting to speak to and will offer guidance on pretty much anything, as they are always there to help. Other than that I would highly recommend The Junxion to anyone as I am currently a second year living with my friend at The Junxion and I couldn’t feel more at home.
I moved to Mayfair Court 3 years ago and we love it here. My apartment is spacious and enlightened by large windows facing Wilmslow road. Commons, including a flourishing inner garden are well kept. Staff are friendly and always there to help, and the community is diverse. Location is very convenient. There’s a bus stop at the foot of the building, a supermarket across the street, Bodey Medical Centre behind the supermarket, and plenty of restaurants and pubs around. I'm happy to call this place our home while in Manchester.
I loved it there !
Brickworks is a great home for whoever comes to live in Dublin for a while.
The friendliness of the staff along with the welcoming environment make for a great place to live. When I first entered the room, it felt like a hotel room : comfortable, modern and very liveable.
The neighborhood is as calm as it gets and you get to the most animated streets in 15mn.
The sunset view on the rooftop is the cherry on the cake.