Some of these may not sound like they could possibly be true but they absolutely are. Here are some fun facts you may not know about the university you are going/go to.
1. The University Of Warwick developed a formula 3 racing car powered by CHOCOLATE!
2. The London School Of Economics has a hummus society.
3. Durham university is the first university to offer a ‘Harry Potter and the age of Illusion’ module in the UK.
4. The first female university professor in the UK was appointed by The University Of Reading.
5. The University Of Bradford is the only British Uni to have had a serving Prime Minister, Harold Wilson, as their chancellor.
6. One of Coldplay’s first ever gigs was a fundraiser at the University of London.
7. The University Of Sheffield had three of their graduates win Gold and Silver at the Rio Olympics.
8. The University Of Oxford students swear an Oath of not lighting a fire in the library.
9. Cambridge University has won the worlds single’s Tiddlywinks championship 31 times.
10. Reading University has a Beyonce Society. Yes, that’s correct, a Beyonce Society.
11. Led Zeppelins first ever gig took place at The University Of Surrey.
12. The University Of Sheffield once developed a contraceptive pill for squirrels,
13. Some scenes from A Clockwork Orange, were filmed at Brunel University.
14. Scientists at The University Of Liverpool were involved in creating Britain’s first ‘tear free onion’
15. The first rock to be brought back from the moon were analysed for signs of life at The University of Bristol.
Find student accommodation
Where do you want to go?
Living at The Junxion has been a very homely experience for me, as from moving in on my first year of university I was a little nervous about living on my own so far away from my home in Liverpool; but that all change once I moved into my new room, as the buildings interior design gives off such a relaxing vibe that will allow you to study in peace. Although the staff in the building where so very comforting to speak to and will offer guidance on pretty much anything, as they are always there to help. Other than that I would highly recommend The Junxion to anyone as I am currently a second year living with my friend at The Junxion and I couldn’t feel more at home.
I moved to Mayfair Court 3 years ago and we love it here. My apartment is spacious and enlightened by large windows facing Wilmslow road. Commons, including a flourishing inner garden are well kept. Staff are friendly and always there to help, and the community is diverse. Location is very convenient. There’s a bus stop at the foot of the building, a supermarket across the street, Bodey Medical Centre behind the supermarket, and plenty of restaurants and pubs around. I'm happy to call this place our home while in Manchester.
Millstone is a brilliant place to live, Ive just book for my 3rd year. The staff are kind and caring. I have love living at Millstone as it has given me independence and a bigger family.
Highly recommend Mezzino Student living, it’s furnished to a high standard and is in the heart of the student area. Has very helpful staff and it’s well run in the office.
Searched for loads of student accommodation before I found this gem amongst the rest. Really nice sizeable apartments in a great student busy location. Would highly recommend Mezzino.
For a very spacious space with great amenities, the price is very mucb affordable. Good views and great support staff to help out at anytime of the day.