Some of these may not sound like they could possibly be true but they absolutely are. Here are some fun facts you may not know about the university you are going/go to.
1. The University Of Warwick developed a formula 3 racing car powered by CHOCOLATE!
2. The London School Of Economics has a hummus society.
3. Durham university is the first university to offer a ‘Harry Potter and the age of Illusion’ module in the UK.
4. The first female university professor in the UK was appointed by The University Of Reading.
5. The University Of Bradford is the only British Uni to have had a serving Prime Minister, Harold Wilson, as their chancellor.
6. One of Coldplay’s first ever gigs was a fundraiser at the University of London.
7. The University Of Sheffield had three of their graduates win Gold and Silver at the Rio Olympics.
8. The University Of Oxford students swear an Oath of not lighting a fire in the library.
9. Cambridge University has won the worlds single’s Tiddlywinks championship 31 times.
10. Reading University has a Beyonce Society. Yes, that’s correct, a Beyonce Society.
11. Led Zeppelins first ever gig took place at The University Of Surrey.
12. The University Of Sheffield once developed a contraceptive pill for squirrels,
13. Some scenes from A Clockwork Orange, were filmed at Brunel University.
14. Scientists at The University Of Liverpool were involved in creating Britain’s first ‘tear free onion’
15. The first rock to be brought back from the moon were analysed for signs of life at The University of Bristol.
Find student accommodation
Where do you want to go?
I have been living in Brickworks about 7 months. Brickworks is a great place to live in. The location is really convenient (close to city center, good public transportation, near the supermarket and so on...). The buildings are pretty new (well maintained and very clean) it also offers study rooms, cinema room, gym, roof top party room and terrace. There are a lot of common areas for entertainment (PlayStation, Pool, table tennis...). Additionally, free coffee and tea services are amazing!
Brickworks team all of them are AWESOME. They are always up for helping... I highly recommend the Brickworks for people who need a place to call home... Thanks for everything.
I loved it there !
Brickworks is a great home for whoever comes to live in Dublin for a while.
The friendliness of the staff along with the welcoming environment make for a great place to live. When I first entered the room, it felt like a hotel room : comfortable, modern and very liveable.
The neighborhood is as calm as it gets and you get to the most animated streets in 15mn.
The sunset view on the rooftop is the cherry on the cake.
I had an excellent experience living in Brickworks during the last year in Dublin! All the staff members were always very friendly and did everything they could to make people feel welcome and we had a very good atmosphere among the residents. The flats themselves were comfortable and provided excellent living and working space, and the proximity to the city centre means you can experience the Dublin atmosphere. I have met many people and friends that I will take with me for life. If I were to live in Dublin, I would not hesitate to live in Brickworks again, it really was a great place to live!
Millstone is a brilliant place to live, Ive just book for my 3rd year. The staff are kind and caring. I have love living at Millstone as it has given me independence and a bigger family.
Excelente ubicacion, atencion y servicio. Muy cuidado todo, las recepcionistas siempre ayudando y dando atencion. Lo recomiendo.
For a very spacious space with great amenities, the price is very mucb affordable. Good views and great support staff to help out at anytime of the day.