One of the best things about university is your student card. Everything you may need from travel to beauty treatments is available with student discount so do make the most of it, you are paying £9000 a year after all. The least you can do is take full advantage of that card.
– Keep your student card with you at all times. You may need it for your bus ticket and you never know when a money saving opportunity may arise.
– You can upgrade your standard NUS card to an NUS extra. You do have to part with £12 a year for the privilege but if you use it often enough you will make that money back in no time at all.
The NUS extra has loads more offers for you to take advantage of too.
– Lots of places won’t advertise their student discount so whenever you are paying for ANYTHING, ask if they do student discount. You may be surprised.
– Sign up for your free uni days account online and you will find out about all the latest offers and get yourself some huge savings when shopping online.
– Smaller/local and independent shops may offer a discount too. It’s always worth asking here as they might not do it right now but could be persuaded otherwise if it’s going to bring them more custom.
– Big brands will occasionally do booted discounts for a limited amount of time. Keep your out for those as he discount can sometimes be as high as 75% off. That will for sure save you a pretty penny.
– You may not actually be a student anymore BUT you can in theory still use your student card. They usually have an expiry date so you can keep reaping the benefits until it has actually run out. Thank us later for that one.
Find student accommodation
Where do you want to go?
Highly recommend Mezzino Student living, it’s furnished to a high standard and is in the heart of the student area. Has very helpful staff and it’s well run in the office.
I moved to Mayfair Court 3 years ago and we love it here. My apartment is spacious and enlightened by large windows facing Wilmslow road. Commons, including a flourishing inner garden are well kept. Staff are friendly and always there to help, and the community is diverse. Location is very convenient. There’s a bus stop at the foot of the building, a supermarket across the street, Bodey Medical Centre behind the supermarket, and plenty of restaurants and pubs around. I'm happy to call this place our home while in Manchester.
Living at The Junxion has been a very homely experience for me, as from moving in on my first year of university I was a little nervous about living on my own so far away from my home in Liverpool; but that all change once I moved into my new room, as the buildings interior design gives off such a relaxing vibe that will allow you to study in peace. Although the staff in the building where so very comforting to speak to and will offer guidance on pretty much anything, as they are always there to help. Other than that I would highly recommend The Junxion to anyone as I am currently a second year living with my friend at The Junxion and I couldn’t feel more at home.
Millstone is a brilliant place to live, Ive just book for my 3rd year. The staff are kind and caring. I have love living at Millstone as it has given me independence and a bigger family.
Searched for loads of student accommodation before I found this gem amongst the rest. Really nice sizeable apartments in a great student busy location. Would highly recommend Mezzino.
For a very spacious space with great amenities, the price is very mucb affordable. Good views and great support staff to help out at anytime of the day.