One of the best things about university is your student card. Everything you may need from travel to beauty treatments is available with student discount so do make the most of it, you are paying £9000 a year after all. The least you can do is take full advantage of that card.
– Keep your student card with you at all times. You may need it for your bus ticket and you never know when a money saving opportunity may arise.
– You can upgrade your standard NUS card to an NUS extra. You do have to part with £12 a year for the privilege but if you use it often enough you will make that money back in no time at all.
The NUS extra has loads more offers for you to take advantage of too.
– Lots of places won’t advertise their student discount so whenever you are paying for ANYTHING, ask if they do student discount. You may be surprised.
– Sign up for your free uni days account online and you will find out about all the latest offers and get yourself some huge savings when shopping online.
– Smaller/local and independent shops may offer a discount too. It’s always worth asking here as they might not do it right now but could be persuaded otherwise if it’s going to bring them more custom.
– Big brands will occasionally do booted discounts for a limited amount of time. Keep your out for those as he discount can sometimes be as high as 75% off. That will for sure save you a pretty penny.
– You may not actually be a student anymore BUT you can in theory still use your student card. They usually have an expiry date so you can keep reaping the benefits until it has actually run out. Thank us later for that one.
Find student accommodation
Where do you want to go?
What our students say
For a very spacious space with great amenities, the price is very mucb affordable. Good views and great support staff to help out at anytime of the day.
I have been living in Brickworks about 7 months. Brickworks is a great place to live in. The location is really convenient (close to city center, good public transportation, near the supermarket and so on...). The buildings are pretty new (well maintained and very clean) it also offers study rooms, cinema room, gym, roof top party room and terrace. There are a lot of common areas for entertainment (PlayStation, Pool, table tennis...). Additionally, free coffee and tea services are amazing!
Brickworks team all of them are AWESOME. They are always up for helping... I highly recommend the Brickworks for people who need a place to call home... Thanks for everything.
I moved to Mayfair Court 3 years ago and we love it here. My apartment is spacious and enlightened by large windows facing Wilmslow road. Commons, including a flourishing inner garden are well kept. Staff are friendly and always there to help, and the community is diverse. Location is very convenient. There’s a bus stop at the foot of the building, a supermarket across the street, Bodey Medical Centre behind the supermarket, and plenty of restaurants and pubs around. I'm happy to call this place our home while in Manchester.
Living at The Junxion has been a very homely experience for me, as from moving in on my first year of university I was a little nervous about living on my own so far away from my home in Liverpool; but that all change once I moved into my new room, as the buildings interior design gives off such a relaxing vibe that will allow you to study in peace. Although the staff in the building where so very comforting to speak to and will offer guidance on pretty much anything, as they are always there to help. Other than that I would highly recommend The Junxion to anyone as I am currently a second year living with my friend at The Junxion and I couldn’t feel more at home.
Excelente ubicacion, atencion y servicio. Muy cuidado todo, las recepcionistas siempre ayudando y dando atencion. Lo recomiendo.
I had an excellent experience living in Brickworks during the last year in Dublin! All the staff members were always very friendly and did everything they could to make people feel welcome and we had a very good atmosphere among the residents. The flats themselves were comfortable and provided excellent living and working space, and the proximity to the city centre means you can experience the Dublin atmosphere. I have met many people and friends that I will take with me for life. If I were to live in Dublin, I would not hesitate to live in Brickworks again, it really was a great place to live!