In those first few days/weeks, you may have been overrun with nerves and it’s probably not helped by the uni life misconceptions. Everybody’s personal experience is, of course, different but most students will come to the same realisations at some point.
Here are our university life truths…
1. We would say that plenty of newcomers to university will all feel the same, anxious!
It could feel like everyone around you is better at making friends, talking socially, and just generally better at having their shizz together. Do try and remember though that sometimes confidence is only skin deep and they are more likely to be feeling just like you do on the inside.
2. If you manage to get through university life without ever having to get a part-time job then you are either extremely lucky or super savvy with money. A job during your time at uni is more often than not a necessity.
3. Your subsequent study years after the first will not be such a breeze. You really can’t just ‘wing it.’
Second year is where the work really ramps up and you really do have to get your head down.
4. Unfortunately, university isn’t just about partying. You will still have to lead a pretty normal adult life too. Washing pots and clothes, cleaning your own rooms, arranging your own GP/dentist appointments and making sure you eat properly. We know, how boring?
5. Just because you are going to university doesn’t mean all those awkward encounters will suddenly disappear. Seeing that person you drunkenly declared your undying love for and saying something in public that made you want the ground to swallow you whole will more than likely still happen to you. Just go with it.
Find student accommodation
Where do you want to go?
What our students say
I moved to Mayfair Court 3 years ago and we love it here. My apartment is spacious and enlightened by large windows facing Wilmslow road. Commons, including a flourishing inner garden are well kept. Staff are friendly and always there to help, and the community is diverse. Location is very convenient. There’s a bus stop at the foot of the building, a supermarket across the street, Bodey Medical Centre behind the supermarket, and plenty of restaurants and pubs around. I'm happy to call this place our home while in Manchester.
For a very spacious space with great amenities, the price is very mucb affordable. Good views and great support staff to help out at anytime of the day.
Searched for loads of student accommodation before I found this gem amongst the rest. Really nice sizeable apartments in a great student busy location. Would highly recommend Mezzino.
I have been living in Brickworks about 7 months. Brickworks is a great place to live in. The location is really convenient (close to city center, good public transportation, near the supermarket and so on...). The buildings are pretty new (well maintained and very clean) it also offers study rooms, cinema room, gym, roof top party room and terrace. There are a lot of common areas for entertainment (PlayStation, Pool, table tennis...). Additionally, free coffee and tea services are amazing!
Brickworks team all of them are AWESOME. They are always up for helping... I highly recommend the Brickworks for people who need a place to call home... Thanks for everything.
Excelente ubicacion, atencion y servicio. Muy cuidado todo, las recepcionistas siempre ayudando y dando atencion. Lo recomiendo.
I loved it there !
Brickworks is a great home for whoever comes to live in Dublin for a while.
The friendliness of the staff along with the welcoming environment make for a great place to live. When I first entered the room, it felt like a hotel room : comfortable, modern and very liveable.
The neighborhood is as calm as it gets and you get to the most animated streets in 15mn.
The sunset view on the rooftop is the cherry on the cake.